Nikhil
Sablania
First Edition 2015
First published in India in 20015-16
by
Nikhil Sablania Publications
India
Copyright © Nikhil Sablania 2015-16
Copyright © Nikhil Sablania 2015-16
Nikhil Sablania asserts the moral
rights
to be identified as the author of this work.
to be identified as the author of this work.
All rights reserved.
No part of this publication may be reproduced,
stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted,
in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical,
photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the
prior permission of the copyright holder and the publisher.
No part of this publication may be reproduced,
stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted,
in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical,
photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the
prior permission of the copyright holder and the publisher.
Nikhil Sablania Publications
B3-73, Sector-11, Rohini, Delhi-110085, India
M. +91 8527533051 sablanian@gmail.com
B3-73, Sector-11, Rohini, Delhi-110085, India
M. +91 8527533051 sablanian@gmail.com
Chapter
one: Idea is Money
How to Generate an Idea?
Relax and Give Time for Thinking?
Relax and Give Time for Thinking?
Make Less Efforts, but Do Many Little Things
This
is the first chapter I am writing for my book “How to make money.” As the title
of this chapter suggests that idea is the money, readers may not find this new
and questioning that what new I am saying? I also thought same when first time
this come to my mind. But the answer I found was that, that I got this wisdom
after years of practical working in making money and thus my wisdom has come from
the experience and that, as I have learned while doing real things, therefore,
I also have insight of this wisdom which I can transfer to others. Thus, by
writing this book, I am transferring my learning of business to you. However
small it may be, whatever success and money I have made, I hope that my
learning may be useful to those who want to make money and achieve their dreams
in the future.
I
have three degrees in education. First I got from Delhi University for completing
Honors (major) in Psychology. That was my graduation degree after school and I
could get a job after doing a masters or diploma after that degree. Most of my
classmates did that and they are now happy with their jobs. But I choose a
different field and did a three-years-post-graduation diploma in film and
television Direction and Screenplay Writing form one of the best institutes in
India, Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute (SRFTI). I could have a
decent job in any TV channel after it. But I perused my passion and started my
own business of video production. While making a documentary film on social
problems, I found myself in the ocean of social problems in India and I decide
to study law. Then I did an LLB degree from Delhi University. Now I am in a
position to work as an advocate or to get a job in the legal field. But still I
am creating new revenue sources by my own business and getting success in that.
Since 2007 to now when 2015 is getting over, it is almost for nine years that I
am doing business and I think that it is sufficient time to get an insight in
the business world and to gain such wisdom. Apart from getting these
educational degrees, I learned a lot on financial subjects, politics, economics,
Buddhism and internet skills. Yes, internet skills, the last thing I mentioned
is very useful, but here I would like to add that mere knowing internet
is not enough. It is just a technique. And you need to have other
skills and wisdom to make your ideas likable by other and thus saleable.
Though, such topic on internet may be out of context here but it is relevant as
most of you are internet savvy and what I have learned through my experience is
that people who are just good at internet may not have good skills in other or
their respective fields. For example, I found in my work of video production that
people who are good at working rarely uses internet, but people who are good at
internet may get useful contacts, but they fail to deliver at the work. Though,
it is not absolute true, but whether it is half or lesser true is not the
subject here. What is important is to understand is that you can use internet
successfully, yet in business or to make money either you should have sound
knowledge and wisdom of a field or you should have such people to support you. Now
let us come to our topic that idea is money.
See these examples:
In
India ‘Thums up’ is consumed more than Pepsi or Coke.
Lemon
drink Limca is consumed more than any lemon brands of the above mentioned cold
drink giants.
Mango drink Maza is consumed more than any mango brands of the above mentioned cold drink giants.
I
am not giving these examples to say that these international giants are less
skilled in idea generation. The three successful examples that I have given are
also owned by above mentioned cold drink giants, but they were developed in
India by an Indian company. Their success remained same even though Pepsi and
Coke were using various strategies to promote their own brands. What was the
reason of success for those Indian brands? The reason was simple. It was a good
idea. A good idea that which taste was better than the other tastes and the
idea of the names of those brands. I read an interview of the person behind
these successful cold drinks. He stressed that he was very choosy in his
selection. He choose not the best but the super best and ever best. Thus, it is
an idea (of a better taste, better brand name, better shape of the bottle and of
better logo) which makes things bigger than other things.
How to Generate an Idea?
An
idea cannot be generated in isolation. You need an environment and an
involvement in that environment to generate an idea. An idea is nothing but a continuous
struggle to understand that environment. A movie writer struggling to develop a
billion dollar movie idea needs to enter into the movie business and understand
that which ideas are working better in movie business. A political leader
struggling to get more votes need to enter in the environment of public problems
to learn which ideas he or she can develop to persuade people to vote. A social
networking site struggling to get more users need to enter in the environment
of other social site to understand that what people needs, which that site is
lacking. Thus, an idea comes on a regular interaction with an environment for
which or of which an idea is to be generated.
Relax and Give Time for
Thinking?
Another
thing in an idea generation is giving time for thinking. Often we are so
involved in work and home that we don’t get time for thinking. Once I was listing
a Buddhist audio book and I learned that in a Buddhist system there are three
ways which are important for learning. Listening, reading and thinking. Thus,
for Buddhists learning also means thinking. For me, thinking is an important
aspect of business. Once you enter in an environment you may learn new things, but
before you start applying your learning, you need to take time out for thinking
and think that whether that idea will work or not, whether things can be done
differently, whether there is another way I can do this, whether it would be
profitable or not, whether it can add to profits indirectly, whether there are
any long term benefits, whether people would like it or not and whether I
should give more time for learning or should I go ahead? These are few things
you can think of in generating an idea. I often give one or two hours to
thinking before I sleep to find new ideas and strategies. But remember, that
too much thinking in an empty space may not be fruitful. Therefore, you have to
contact regularly with your environment and keep doing little things. Doing
little things is the next step in the idea generation. Now let us learn that
what is this?
Make Less Efforts, but
Do Many Little Things
Just
think that, can you do big things even if you start with lot of efforts? My
answer is No. Think of the turtle and rabbit story where a turtle wins the race
because it saves its energy, however the rabbit loses because it spends its
energy before it completes the task. Thus the turtle, though started slowly, finish
the race by making lesser efforts than the rabbit. This story is very useful in
understanding this concept of making lesser efforts. Making lesser efforts
and doing many little things is a part of generating super and lasting ideas or
we can say that the great ideas. When you enter in an environment, you
learn few things. But the most important learning for you is to learn that how
to make your work (may be a product or service) appealing to more people and that
to keep more people engage in your work or how to generate more interest in the
people. After all, it is the people’s interest which will help you in selling
and making profits or help you in achieving your other goals such as winning
elections. This may be called experimentation. But for me this is not experimentation
because an experiment may be a failure but I stress doing little things
with more positive and less negative success rate. Not that all
your small efforts will be big hits. But if you do small efforts positively you
will find higher success rates for your various efforts and this will help you
in developing an idea for a bigger success. Thus your bigger success is
the average or mean of those successful small efforts. For example, if you
want to start a garment business, first you enter in such a market. Talk to the
people. See websites and visit shops. Then go a step further but not far.
Buy a small chunk of garment stock and market it. See if you succeed. Then do
little things like targeting other markets, changing product, installing few
machines, participating in a trade exhibition etc. Make things with little
effort but do more things. If you want to do more things you have to spend
energy, time and money in many things, so give little to each small thing to find
ideas for something bigger.
Always
remember, that money is nothing but an idea. Those with great ideas are the only
ones who can make changes in their lives. But mere idea is not enough. One
should know that any idea needs physical form and in a physical world things
move with money. So if you have a great and big idea, you need big money to
give it a physical shape. But big money comes with small money. So to give
shape to big ideas, first you have to give shape to smaller ideas. And success
rate of those smaller ideas will bring learning and money that will help you in
accomplishing bigger tasks.
If you have any questions you can ask me by email sablanian@gmail.com
. Wait for the chapter 2 to come, which I will write once I receive some emails
regarding this present chapter. Those who are from India can help me in storing
and spreading such knowledge by depositing donations to the bank account given
below and inform me about your donation. Those from outside India can donate
through PayPal with this email sablanian2@gmail.com
and inform me by email.
Deposit
all your donations to
State Bank of India
(SBI) ACCOUNT: 10344174766,
TYPE: SAVING,
HOLDER: NIKHIL SABLANIA
HOLDER: NIKHIL SABLANIA
Branch code:
1275,
IFSC Code:
SBIN0001275,
Branch: PADAM
SINGH ROAD,
Delhi-110005.

No comments:
Post a Comment